Faculty, Student, Alumni Notes
- AMS and LAO seniors and Student Advisory Council members Kauribel Javier and Samuel Vilchez Santiago were honored at 2019 Class Day. Javier received the Frederick Douglass Service Award. Vilchez Santiago received the 2019 Priscilla Glickman ’92 Memorial Prize.
- Phi Beta Kappa honored Rosina Lozano, associate professor of history and Class of 1942 University Preceptor, in its annual awards for excellence in undergraduate teaching.
- Sean Wilentz, the George Henry Davis 1886 Professor of American History, received the University’s Howard T. Behrman Award for Distinguished Achievement in the Humanities.
- Associate Director of American Studies Rachael DeLue, the Christopher Binyon Sarofim '86 Professor in American Art, was named a 2019-20 Old Dominion Research Professor by the Humanities Council.
- AMS executive committee and core faculty member Aisha Beliso De-Jesús, professor of Spanish and Portuguese and American Studies, was named editor-in-chief of Transforming Anthropology, the flagship journal of the Association of Black Anthropologists.
- Samuel Vilchez Santiago ’19 (AMS, LAO) and G.J. Sevillano ’19 (AMS) are among the eight 2019 recipients of the Spirit of Princeton Award.
- AMS director Anne Cheng interviews Sally Wen Mao in BOMB magazine.
- AMS executive committee member Judith Weisenfeld, the Agate Brown and George L. Collord Professor of Religion, was elected a fellow of the Society of American Historians, and elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- An American Language: The History of Spanish in the United States by Rosina Lozano, associate professor of history, received the Immigration and Ethnic History Society 2019 First Book Award, and the 2019 PROSE Award for Language and Linguistics, sponsored by the Association of American Publishers.
- Beth Lew-Williams, assistant professor of history, received two awards from the Organization of American Historians (OAH) for her book The Chinese Must Go: Violence, Exclusion, and the Making of the Alien in America.